Everest Helicopter Tour Overview
Have you ever wondered what the gorgeous Everest region looks like from up above? The beautiful Everest region looks even more stunning from a Helicopter. The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour is an ideal tour of the Everest region. The aerial tour is perfect for those who do not wish to trek the harsh trails of the Everest Base Camp.
The Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour is an excellent alternative for the regular Everest Base Camp trek. This Everest helicopter tour is perfect for families with children and senior citizens as it does not demand high physical strength or stamina. You could also take this short trip if you do not have much time on their schedule. Anyone can take this trip and enjoy the breathtaking views of the Everest Base Camp region in a single day.
The beautiful trip begins with a scenic helicopter flight to Lukla. The helicopter then stops for refueling at Lukla and we directly fly to Kala Patthar. The helicopter flies over the settlements of Tengboche, Dingboche, and Gorakshep. After 10-15 min of view time, we proceed towards the Everest view hotel, which is the highest placed hotel in the world. You will have breakfast at the hotel.
We also fly over the stunning Khumbu glacier before landing at Everest Base Camp or Kala Patthar. We enjoy the magnificent views of Mt. Everest and enjoy the magnificent Himalayan vistas. The 4 hours round trip to Everest Base Camp is an incredible Himalayan adventure.
A long duration and challenging trekking adventure might not be everyone’s cup of tea. For such travel enthusiasts, Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour package is a blessing in disguise. We provide this exciting luxury trip at a reasonable cost. Read the detailed information regarding the trip below and book your trip now!
You need to follow some safety guidelines during this Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour. It is important to note that you should not move back of the helicopter while landing in Lukla, Syangboche, Kalapathar or anywhere during the trip. This is because the rotor fan of the Helicopter (tail fan) keeps on moving during the landing procedure. All travelers must move out from the front after landing.
Major Highlights of the Tour
- 360-degree panoramic aerial view of the highest mountain in the world, Mt. Everest and the neighbouring peaks including Lhotse (8516m), Nuptse (7861m), Makalu (8,481m), Cho Oyu (8201m), and others
- Landing at the beautiful Kala Patthar (5555 meters)
- Delicious lunch at the highest placed hotel in the world “ Everest view hotel.”
- Experiencing the majestic Tengboche monastery, Khumbu ice glacier and the gorgeous sherpa settlements from up above
- Brilliant aerial views of the UNESCO listed World Heritage sites in Kathmandu valley and Sagarmatha National Park
- Incredible view of the glacial lakes of the Everest region
Weather Around the Everest Region
The weather of the Everest region depends upon the season you are travelling. The altitude and the region also affect the weather around the area. Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with landing is ideal on a clear day.
The months of September to December provide clear and stable weather. You can expect the temperature to drop around -5 to -10 degree Celsius in the morning and nights. The temperature averages around 15 to 20 Degrees Celsius in the daytime.
The spring season in the region starts from March and lasts till May. The snow begins to melt, and temperatures rise gradually. The month of June to September is the monsoon season that brings rainfalls but clears the sky as well.
The winter season lasts from December to March with chances of snowfall. The temperatures drop around -10 to -15 degree Celsius, and the daytime temperatures range about 15-18 degrees Celsius. You can experience the majestic Himalayas on the backdrop of the clear blue sky.
During the monsoon months from June to August, there are frequent rainfalls during the evenings and nights. However, the mornings are clear, with superb views of the mountains. The unobstructed view of the Himalayas after heavy rain is spectacular.
When is the Best Time for the Everest Helicopter Tour?
The weather around the Everest region is quite unpredictable. It is incredibly difficult to predict the ideal time for the Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing.
However, the spring season (March to June) and autumn (September to December) provides you with stable weather around the Everest region. The clear blue skies, less amount of precipitation, and beautiful scenery make these seasons favourable for the Everest Base Camp tour.
Besides that, the outstanding views of the Everest region are also a highlight of the Everest Helicopter tour in Nepal. However, the weather in the Everest region is unpredictable and can change at any time of the year. The frequent weather changes leads to delays and cancellation as the weather needs to be clear and stable for the Everest helicopter tour in Nepal.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour Cost
We provide the stunning Everest Base Camp Helicopter tour with landing at a reasonable price. The Mt Everest helicopter tour cost is USD 1050 per person. The helicopter trip to Everest Base Camp can accommodate at most 5 persons at a time.
The price might increase if there are not enough people on board . We also provide a professional guide for the Mt Everest Helicopter tour. You can check out the Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour with landing cost for more details.
Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour – Packing List
The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing is a short duration trip. You don’t need to pack heavy equipment or gears. A nice daypack with warm clothing would be enough for the journey. An oxygen cylinder remains on standby if necessary.
- Thermals and insulating down jacket for Everest Base Camp / Kalapathar landing
- Woollen Gloves, socks and hats
- Wind/waterproof down jacket, trouser
- An excellent camera to capture memories
- Sunscreens, Sunglasses and lip balms
- Some Light snacks, chocolates, dry fruits
- 2 Bottles of water
- Fleece jacket
Essential Safety Tips for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- Always wear your seat-belt during the Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing
- Do not move from your designated seats during the flight
- Do not throw any objects from the window during the flight
- Stand during the flight is strictly prohibited
- Do not smoke without permission of the flight captain
- Do not move back of the helicopter as the Rotor fan of helicopter keeps moving,
Important Notes for Everest Base Camp Helicopter Tour
- The Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing depends entirely upon the weather conditions.
- The unfavourable weather conditions makes the Everest Base Camp helicopter tour with landing difficult
- Flight around the Everest region gets delayed or cancelled frequently.
- You can also get some extra time during the flight upon request to observe some of the prominent sites.
- The pilot may land the helicopter at a convenient place in challenging conditions.
- You can customize your trip based upon your preference and schedule.
- Rescheduling is an option in case the flight gets cancelled or delayed due to the unexpected weather conditions.
Helicopter Models Used for the Flight
The AS350b3e series of helicopters get flown in the Himalayas. These helicopters are manufactured in the United States of America by Eurocopter, and Bell Helicopters. They are especially designed for high altitude conditions.
We use B3+, B-3, B-2, models of Helicopters that are ideal for flying in the mountains. These versatile helicopters are extensively used in the rescue operation around the Everest base camp region as well. On our Everest helicopter tour from Kathmandu to Syangboche, we can accommodate a maximum of 6 persons on the B-3+ engine.
However, the maximum weight allowed in the Syangboche to Everest base camp / Kalapathar is 250 KG. Hence, as the weight limit exceeds, the helicopter needs to take turns for shuttle from Syangboche – Everest base camp – Kalapathar – Syangboche. We can accommodate 3 travellers at a time in one shuttle.
The rest can enjoy the stunning views of Mt. Everest while waiting for their turn. As the first group of travellers come back you can proceed for the Everest base camp tour. We will fly down to Lukla and then to Kathmandu after the beautiful everest helicopter tour.
Booking Terms and Conditions
The total cost of the Helicopter trip to Everest Base Camp for a group of 5 persons with 500 Kgs altogether is USD 1050 plus FSC per person. However, if you are less than the required number of people, the total cost may increase and conditions may apply.
Payments by Bank Transfer:
- You can email us with your desired date and the details.
- We will provide you with the detailed costs of the given trip as soon as possible.
- Email us the details after the bank transfer has been made
- You will be provided with receipts at most 12 hours after the amount gets credited into our account
- You should send your copy of passport along with the payment details.
For booking the trip, you need a copy of your passport and 20% of advance deposit which is non refundable. The final sum must get paid as you arrive in Nepal in government approved payment means of cash, visa / mastercard, traveler’s cheques etc. You are liable for other Bank service charges regarding the transfer or draft of bank.
All the packages are on sharing basis. Your individual expenses during the trip is your responsibility. You should take care of your personal belongings on your own. We are not liable for any case of loss, theft or robbery during the trip.
Exciting Nepal Treks and Expedition hold the right to customize and change the itinerary, route, length and others in case of any emergency like weather difficulties, altitude sickness or personal injury, etc.
We request you to listen to our professional guides and refrain from any anti social or illegal activities. We provide genuine services with the aim of 100% customer satisfaction. For more details, please check our terms and conditions page.